We're happy to announce that Rocky Hill Family Dentistry is reopening on June 15th to treat all our patients. Thank you so much for your support during this difficult time.
Please note that as a result of COVID-19, we have updated some of our daily procedures. These guidelines are set forth by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Cleanliness and safety has always been a top priority at our office, and we will continue to exercise the highest infection control standard. You'll still receive the same great service from our dedicated team, however to ensure the safety of all our patients we've implemented the following changes:
Pre-Screening Over the Phone Prior to Appointment:
- Prior to each scheduled dental appointment, a member of our team will be giving you a call to confirm your upcoming dental appointment. If you see us calling, please pick up. We will have some important things to discuss.
- In addition to confirming your appointment, we will request that you visit our website and fill out the required forms including a form titled "COVID Patient Screening Form." If you are unable to fill out the form on the website, please let us know during the call so that we can verbally ask you the pre-screening questions over the call.
- If you answer yes to any of the pre-screening questions, we may recommend a tele-dentistry visit before coming into the office, where Dr. Patel will be able to answer questions over the phone before determining if an office visit is necessary.
- If you get a voicemail from us before your dental appointment, please call us back so we can complete the pre-screening process.
Before your Appointment:
- To limit the amount of time spent in the office, we are requiring that all of our new patients complete their paperwork on our website before their appointment
- Returning patients may be required to complete the medical history update form also found on our website. This way, you won’t need to complete any forms when you get here.
- Let us know if your dental insurance has changed before the visit.
- We will continue to offer complimentary verification of dental insurance benefits where our team members call your insurance company to verify your benefits. This means that our computer system will be as accurate as possible when it comes to coverage and expected payments.
Instructions for Patient Visit:
- We will require that all patients wear a facial covering or mask. The facial covering or mask is to stay in place except during the dental work.
- We are requesting that no companions come inside the office with the patient unless it is absolutely necessary.
Parking Lot Waiting Room and Patient Entry:
- Upon parking, please call the main office line at 609-924-9411 and let us know you have arrived.
- You will then be instructed to either wait in your car until we are ready for you or to come right in if we are ready to bring you to the treatment room.
- Upon entering the office, one of our team members will take your temperature with a contact-less thermometer that will not touch your skin.
- We will then ask that the patient use hand sanitizer.
- If you came into the office with gloves on, we ask that you dispose of your gloves and use hand sanitizer in order to eliminate cross-contamination.
- Hand hygiene and not touching your face are more important than wearing gloves!
- In order to facilitate expedient exit of the building, we are moving all traditional “check-out” procedures into the treatment room.
- Upon completion of the dental visit, you will be instructed to stay in the room in order to make your next appointment (both treatment appointments and recall cleaning appointments).
- If you require a follow-up visit for dental treatment, a team member will review the treatment plan with you in the treatment room.
- In addition, we will now be accepting payment in the treatment rooms.
- Payment will continue to be due same-day and we will utilize “no-touch” payment systems.
- You can choose to make your payment ahead of time either on the confirmation call or while you are in the parking lot waiting room if we know that you will have a co-pay, deductible, or other payments.
- To reduce exposure to other patients, we will be adding more time in between appointments and staggering appointment start times.
- Although we will do our best to accommodate each scheduling request, we ask that you be flexible with our office as your preferred time may not be available.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Our entire team will now be required to wear masks at all times. Please remember that although you can’t see our faces, we will be smiling behind the mask!
- Goggles, face shields, and gowns will also be worn depending on the treatment that will be provided.
Infection Prevention Practices:
- The next time you are in one of our treatment rooms you may notice a small medical device on the counter: this is because we have invested in air purification systems that have a HEPA14 rated filter. This minimizes the possibility of any airborne disease. The system can take a pathogen as small as viruses out of the air and eradicate them. We are excited to be able to provide the highest quality air for our team members as well as our patients.
- Every instrument at our office is wrapped in specialized packaging and sterilized in a state-of-the-art autoclave.
- We will be disinfecting highly touched areas such as door knobs and counters between patient entries and exits.
- Not only are we taking your temperature, but we are taking our temperatures at the start of every day as well.
- If we have any mild symptoms at all, we have been asked to stay home.
- We are requesting that if any patient develops any COVID-19 related symptoms in the 14 days following their dental visit, please give us a call ASAP and let us know. This is to ensure that we are able to provide care to our patients with the best knowledge of our health.
Again, thank you so much for your support. We're happy to continue serving you, and can't wait to see your smile!